Ever wanted to learn how to remove logos from your pictures? Or how to separate all the product variants into their own product pages? In this article, we share a growing list of Oberlo hacks to help you run your store more effectively. These Oberlo tips include some of the most common issues store owners like you have asked about when just starting out. And so if you want to learn about some of the most underrated Oberlo features, this is the article for you.
So let’s get started!
- 10 Oberlo Tips You Need to Know as a Dropshipper
- 1. Remove logos – Oberlo Tips
- 2. Split variants into their own products – Oberlo Tips
- 3. Take advantage of the Oberlo Chrome Extension – Oberlo Tips
- 4. Set Up Tracking Information in Backend – Oberlo Tips
- 5. How to Stop Suppliers from Sending Invoices and Marketing Flyers – Oberlo Tips
- 6. How to Choose ePacket as Your Preferred Shipping Method – Oberlo Tips
- 7. The perks of Oberlo Verified Suppliers – Oberlo Tips
- 8. What’s the best payment gateways for your specific country? – Oberlo Tips
- 9. How to Sell Oberlo Products on Non Shopify Websites – Oberlo Tips
- 10. How to Change Suppliers for the Same Product – Oberlo Tips
10 Oberlo Tips You Need to Know as a Dropshipper
1. Remove logos – Oberlo Tips
Having a logo on the top corner of your picture can reduce the professionalism of your product photo. Plus, it can lower conversions if people decide to look up the brand first before making their purchase. As a result, you’ll likely want to remove the logo from your picture, especially if it’s on a white background. Fortunately, you can do this on Shopify’s backend!
To access the Creative Cloud tools for free, you first need to make sure you’ve Pushed the products from your Oberlo backend to your website. This will make the pictures appear under Shopify’s product section. Here’s how to master this Oberlo tip:
- Products > All Products
- Go to an individual product page
- Scroll down to the images
- Hover over an image with a logo on it
- Click the pencil tool
- Click Draw
- Then, click Eraser, and choose the eraser size
- Next, choose the color in the Color Picker
- Erase the logo from the image
- Click Save
Keep in mind that this works well for photos with white backgrounds.
2. Split variants into their own products – Oberlo Tips
Have you ever imported a product into your store that had several different styles that all look completely different? Did you wish you could just separate them into their own product pages to so that more people could see all the styles? This tends to happen a lot in niches like electronics, fashion, beauty and more.
Fortunately, there’s one really simple way to do this.
- Go to the Oberlo App
- Click on Import List
- On the product you want to split, click Action > Split Product
- All products become separated on their own product pages
Keep in mind that you’ll now have more products to write unique descriptions for (to avoid a duplicate content penalization from Google). However, it increases the likelihood that you’ll be found organically for long-tail keywords since you’ve divided the products accordingly. It also helps make navigation easier while allowing your customers to find products that would’ve otherwise been hidden.
3. Take advantage of the Oberlo Chrome Extension – Oberlo Tips
You can install the free Oberlo Chrome extension to make it easier to fulfill orders for products that you sourced from AliExpress, which is one of the product suppliers available through Oberlo.
Actually finding products on from AliExpress can be done inside of Oberlo. You can see order data and reviews for AliExpress products within Oberlo, which means the only time you’ll head over to AliExpress is when you fulfill your orders – which is where the Chrome extension comes in.
4. Set Up Tracking Information in Backend – Oberlo Tips
Do you constantly get bombarded with questions about when products will be arriving? There’s a tool you can set up to give your customers the order shipment and tracking information they need.
An important note to mention that many new Oberlo store owners forget to fulfill orders in Oberlo’s back end. Remember: fulfilling an order on Shopify doesn’t fulfill it in Oberlo. You need to log-into the Oberlo app to process the order, otherwise our systems won’t detect it.
You can set up the tracking information and order shipment details so that they get delivered to customers automatically to reduce the number of emails you send out regarding this.
- Go to the Oberlo app
- Settings > Connected Shops > Shop Settings >General Tab scroll down
- Under custom shipping tracking URL add this link: https://t.17track.net/en?nums=
- Then, make sure there’s a check mark under ‘Notify customers about order fulfillment’
- Click Save Settings
- Then, you need to change the default email notification template
- First go to the Shopify admin > Settings > Notifications > Shipping confirmation
- Replace all the code in the Email Body (HTML) box with the code HERE
- View the Preview
- If a customer wants to receive the email again, hit the ‘Resend Email’ button on the Shopify > Orders > customer’s order page
- If a customer wants the tracking information prior to when you set it up, you need to go to the Oberlo app > Orders and click on the envelope button for their specific order
5. How to Stop Suppliers from Sending Invoices and Marketing Flyers – Oberlo Tips
A supplier isn’t going to know you’re dropshipping unless you tell them. After receiving an order, they’ll likely assume it’s a new customer. So naturally, they might send invoices or marketing materials to them. But there is a way to stop them from doing so.
A custom note can be sent to every supplier to help prevent invoices and other marketing materials from being sent to the customer.
- Go to the Oberlo app
- Click Settings > Suppliers > Custom Note
- In the box, you can add text that reads, “Hi there, we are dropshipping this product. Please do not add any invoices, promotional material or any branded logos in this package. Please ship this package promptly to ensure continued business. Thank you! (your name)”
6. How to Choose ePacket as Your Preferred Shipping Method – Oberlo Tips
Do you want your products to be shipped to customers in the cheapest and fastest way possible? ePacket shipping tends to be the most popular among dropshippers as your products can be delivered in as little as a week. The average shipping cost tends to be under $5 keeping your costs low while delivering within a time frame that’s more acceptable for the average consumer.
- Go to Settings in the Oberlo App
- Click on Suppliers
- Under Default Shipping Method select ePacket
7. The perks of Oberlo Verified Suppliers – Oberlo Tips
Oberlo Verified Suppliers is Oberlo’s very own marketplace with exceptional suppliers. There are a few Oberlo Verified Suppliers benefits:
- Suppliers on the platform ship out at least 97% of their products on time
- Over 90% of those products are delivered on time
- Oberlo Verified Suppliers have excellent feedback scores (under 2% dispute rate)
- Oberlo has verified these suppliers business registration documents, business address and contact details
- Oberlo has inspected the warehouses and facilities and working conditions
8. What’s the best payment gateways for your specific country? – Oberlo Tips
Every country has its own set of payment gateways that work best for them. In the United States, PayPal is one of the most popular payment gateways, but PayPal isn’t available in every country. Fortunately, Shopify has created a list of popular payment gateways available for each country that can help you find the best one for your store.
9. How to Sell Oberlo Products on Non Shopify Websites – Oberlo Tips
Do you have a WordPress blog or an online store on another platform? Do you wish you could sell Oberlo products on it? Luckily, Oberlo products can be sold on non Shopify websites simply by adding the Shopify Buy Button to those sites.
The Buy Button works on WordPress, Squarespace, Tumblr, your own website or wherever you’ve built an audience. By adding the Buy Button to a non-Shopify platform, you’ll benefit from having product pages, an embedded cart, and a secure checkout. You’ll need to keep track of orders on your Shopify dashboard. All you need to do is add the Buy Button as a sales channel on your store to use this handy feature.
10. How to Change Suppliers for the Same Product – Oberlo Tips
Did you come across a supplier who didn’t meet your expectations? If you’d like to change your supplier without changing your product page, you can easily do that on Oberlo.
- Go to your Oberlo app
- Click on My Products
- Go to the specific product
- Click Action
- Click Override this Product
- Under Override With, add the link for the product you want as a replacement
- Click Override
Did any of these Oberlo tips help make life as a dropshipper easier? Let us know which of these tips is your favorite!